High Five - an assortment of different types of nappies
Four favourite UK nappies plus a wrap
These are the most popular nappies in my trial kits - the ones that most people want to try and the ones they like best. If you don't fancy putting your baby in nappies that have already been used by someone else - or don't live near a nappy library - here's a selection for you to buy at a discounted price.
1) TotsBots Easyfit Star all-in-one nappy. A highly convenient nappy that's easy to use and very effective - everything is sewn in together so that it goes on your baby more or less like a disposable nappy. This nappy fastens with Velcro type tabs making it very easy to put on and take off. The absorbent part is made of two layers of bamboo rayon covering a microfibre core which makes it very absorbent but rather slow to dry after washing. This is a "birth-to-potty" nappy - the size adjusts with poppers on the front from about 9lb (4kg) right through to potty training.
(2) Baba+Boo pocket nappy. The best UK pocket nappies (in my opinion). Two super-absorbent bamboo+microfibre inserts slide into the pocket between the waterproof PUL outside and the polyester fleece stay-dry lining. They boast special extra rows of elastic inside to act as a poo catcher. Easy to wash and quick to dry, this is another "birth-to-potty" nappy - the size adjusts with poppers on the front from about 9lb (4kg) right through to potty training.
(3) Close Pop-in all-in-two nappy. Two soft and stretchy bamboo rayon inserts (called a “soaker” and a “booster”) popper into the waterproof cover to give great absorbency. The double leg elastics give excellent containment and make this a very popular nappy with those who have tried it. The size adjusts with poppers on the front from very small right up to toddler size (3kg-16kg). Some find this nappy a bit fiddly to set up but performance is excellent. Easy to wash and quick to dry.
(4) TotsBots Bamboozle Night-Time Nappy. A really soft absorbent stretchy nappy that has poppers on the front to adjust the size. Made of a bamboo rayon with a microfibre core. Size 2 will last from about 9lb to 35lb (4-16kg) so, though it's called a size 2 nappy, it's really more of a birth-to-potty nappy. Slower to dry than pocket nappies, these nappies make a good choice for night-time use, or any time when it is important that your nappy will last for hours without leaks.
(5) A wrap to go over the Bamboozle. Choose either a Muslinz or a Bambinex wrap. Both have double leg elastics to give a great fit and good containment. The Muslinz wraps have popper fastenings and come in two sizes (size 1 for 6 weeks-6 months and size 2 for over 6 months) while the Bambinex wraps are birth-to-potty adjustable wraps with velcro fastening.
Colours and patterns will differ from those in the pictures. If there are any particular patterns that you've seen and would like, ask and I'll see if I have them.